Saturday, February 4, 2012

#2



   Kaya Marley is my #2 daughter. Born second ,  Kaya is special to me. She is going to be 8 years old in April. I planned my pregnancy with Kaya, I wanted her to be born in the Spring and everything went as expected. Well, most everything. From the minute I took a pregnancy test I was sick. I was sick for 9 whole months with Kaya. I puked and dry heaved every single day. I couldnt eat, couldnt sleep, couldnt do anything. Had to be put on chemotherpy medication for nausesness and counted the days till delivery. I was due April 24th 2004. Around the first week in April I started begging my doctor to induce me, I also did all the things you can start doing to bring on labor...walking constantly. Bouncing on balls, you name it.  The second week in april I was already dilated and my doctor was going to do some precedure to make labor come on and it was horrific. Painful but I did it. She knew I was so miserable, still puking and couldnt eat. I still walked, walked Arundel Mills mall and White marsh mall and the neighborhood. This is digusting, I gave myself enemas to make myself  go to the bathrrom becuase the process of cleaning yourslef out can bring on labor. I was crazy. One day I was feeling horrible and walked all around and bounced on a ball and went to bed that night not feeling hot. Woke up around 12:40 in severe pain. Needless to say Kaya came like a bolt of lightening in one hour and forty mins later.April 16th, 8 days early! No epidurial,  she came fast. When I looked at that small dark haired baby despite the misery of 9 months and misery of complete natural childbirth in less than 2 hrs I was so in love. She had dark fuzz down her back and face, looked just like her father I was so bummed. All this pain for the kid to look like her dad! What the heck!  Just like the first day of pregnancy I was sick, the first day of life for Kaya....she cried. And cried. And cried. Months passed and she still cried, only at night but she cried. During the day...pure joy and happiness. At night she cried.  I didnt know what I did wrong or what was wrong but it was agony I admit. We nicknamed her Krya.. finally around 2 yrs old while I was pregnant with baby number three, Ava we found out she had several problems. First lactose intorlerant, stomach issues with sugar and possible night terrors. Poor child. Now at almost 8 she is the happiest child.  Never met a child more loving and affectionate. She loves life. She loves her friends and family , she loves outdoors but loves tv. Loves hugs and cuddling. Loves her cat Maxie. Loves her bear ' beary' and loves god and her church family. Loves food, loves comfty clothes. Loves seeing her dad. Loves writing in journals and reading books. Loves her sisters and her Mama.  I know some people say things about middle children and such but with Kaya she is no middle child. She is energetic and enthuiastic about everything. I love the energy and joy of life about Kaya. She is so full love. I am sad to see her turning 8 and growing up on me. I love waking up to that toothless smile wanting to cuddle. Dropping her off at school where she eagerly jumps out of the car so excited to be there! Listening to her prayers as she prays for her already dead family members and dead dog that they all have a great time in heaven. Also that she has good days in school and sometimes that she gets stuff like presents but also for sick family and how she is thankful for everyone !  I look forward to seeing the wondeful person Kaya will become.  She inspires me on days where I dont feel like getting out of bed to get up and be happy.  Since the first day I antipated this little girls arrival has been full of surprises but in the end, Kaya will always have this extra special place in my heart.





1 comment:

  1. middle child, just like ME! Kaya is crazy (in a good way) your going to have to watch her!

    ReplyDelete